Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Post Mid-Feb Pepper Planting + some Toms & Aubergines

True to what I promised, I've planted this years peppers today (same day as last year ... they flowered in the greenhouse and began fruiting before going into pots at the end of May). I figured why try to improve on perfection! I'm going to try out a greenhouse shelf within a sheet plastic greenhouse on the roof and use the greenhouse again this year. There have been two break-ins already at the greenhouse so hopefully this experiment works - just in case. Just in case, too, I suppose I should keep one of each indoors in a sunny window.

I've planted 9 peppers (Buran Red, Lipstick, Chinese 5-Colour, Mini Chocolat, Sweet Chocolate, Jalapeno, Jimmy Nellow, Pepper Gourmet and Cayenne), 3 determinate tomatoes (Whippersnapper, Tiny Tim and Micro Tom) and 3 Eggplants (Aubergine Slim Jim, Black Beauty and Rosa Bianca). They are on my heat mat inside a big clear plastic bag sweating up a storm right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment