Saturday, July 16, 2011

A Day Later ...

A little baby robin got it's wings caught in my vines - it looked to me like it had gone into them to have a little snooze and I might have woken it up when I got to the garden early this morning. I talked very softly to it - encouraging words - and let it find it's way out on it's own without exciting it by over reacting ... it was exhausted and rested in between flapping and catching it's other wing after it had freed the first one ... funny how life mimics life (I left the water on and got caught this morning too ... nobody yelled at me - everyone was playing musical hoses last night at the taps and I turned someone elses off - maybe - then again - maybe not). Consequently though, my garden has had a really great soak (so has the garden next to mine)! I know they will be happy as it's been really hot and dry and the gardens are all parched. No harm done.


At 10:30am the sun began to creep into the garden ... kinda late I thought ... hmpf!


Not qiute making it to the pastes nor exotics yet ...


I'd already weeded as much as I was going to today ...


I tore up the rhubarb leaves I'd cut off the stalks and put the leaves into water to soak in the sun ... hoping to make bug poison ... I think I heard about this somewhere - maybe - I'll google it now ... OK - WARNING - hear yee - hear yee ... don't use it on veggies or edibles! That makes sense. Why didn't I think of that? But here's a very neat thing to do with the leaves - use them as little mulches for seedlings at the start of the season ... aww (too cute)


I cut off the garlic scapes and will make pesto today. I am going to soak the rhubarb in sugar and vodka ... the vodka - where did I put it ... it's around here somewhere ... I hope. I might have to go buy more or just make stewed rhubarb with sugar. And I'm going to make a cilantro mash using oil as well to freeze for later use.

No comments:

Post a Comment