... the traffic into the allotment through High Park was the busiest I've ever seen it ... I actually wrote in my journal while we bumper-to-bumpered along (lots of people lost their cool and did U-turns and left ... which was useful to the rest of us who didn't)
... I enjoyed some cherry blossom watching & taking a few shots while I wasn't writing in my journal ... "Hi Ma Happy Mother's Day - you should see my new fascinator!"
... two more (the herb and san marzano) patches are now ticked off my 'to do' list! Oh and the hoses I left in place all winter long still work :)
and two more makes three total ... YA! twelve more to go ...
... the old door (I never did paint it periwinkle blue did I)?
... two new bits of wood that I found in the recycle put to excellent use :)
Todays catch (onions, dandylions - I'm thinking of trying out my new actifryer on the onions to make onion jam - while I vacuum and clean, the actifryer does all the work. I just need to keep an eye on it as it's not on a timer) ... I'm so tired right now that I'd like to just toss them all into the dishwasher to clean them (but I won't) ...
Yesterdays job well done.
Hmm ... from a distance the first weeded patch doesn't look like much (maybe that's why I didn't get sore Saturday and was able to come back today without any back issues)? I don't want to get ahead of myself. 'Easy does it', said the turtle.
I took this shot because I noticed I need to thin the onions on this side (another addition to the 'to do' list)! Tom in the garden next to mine is a machine - I can't believe how much he's done to his plot ... not a weed left in sight - just great looking soil ... the turtle sure doesn't know what to say about that!
No comments:
Post a Comment