Tuesday, May 24, 2011

twice as much creeping charlie gone as planned


I thought I'd only get a fraction of what I got done today
... the board is the halfway separation and you can
almost see the compost corner I've set up (I still have
to haul lots of gnu poo over to it so it'll decompose)
way over in the far corner of the lot ... I put up a piece
of wood so it wouldn't be too unsightly and some small
guage chicken wire so it will still be able to breathe ...
Julie convinced me that piling the manure on top of the
creeping charlies I've pulled up will create an amazing
compost pile that I can use later.


I found a place for the little lime hostas ... drumroll please
ta da - right next to the conchicum byzantium - perFECT-ya!

I also plante about 7 French Gourmet Shallots along the front
of the hut leaving plenty of room still for lettuce to grow in shade.

I also bought $20 worth of herbs and whatnots on my way home
from lunch with a friend at Teronni's - I couldn't help it - nyuk nyuk!
lemon balm, more sage, rosemary, basils, peas, thyme, lavender, etc.



I brought home a handful of mint and made a tea to infuse all the
water I'm trying to drink these days ... I think I'll try some creeping
charlie tea
as well - it's supposed to contain tonnes of vitamen C ...
cure cancer, HIV, the flu ... THE FLU! So now I discover this - go figure! I still
have more than enough to harvest and to grow in a hanging basket on the roof.

No comments:

Post a Comment