
The original tomato patch (last year used for vegetables) before shot.

... under the red mulch are piles of student drawings. Hopefully no
weeds will make it though. I put in four San Marzanos and four Early
Girl Tomatoes. I'll add basil along the center once they are hardened off.
... I used a trellis I found in the garbage for the peas to climb up
and put in some lettuces, broccoli and rapinis.
Here's a close up shot of the peas and veggie patch.

Julie gave me some of her ground cover ... it stays really low to the ground
and is covered with little light purple coloured flowers - I'm going to fill my
chicken wire pig with it maybe along the bum bits & ornamental wooly thyme
- in an effort to make it look like the pig is wearing a pretty pair of floral undies

Here's a shot of the herb patch with Julie's ground cover in the middle
on the path between it and the lettuce, rhubarb, peas & veggie patch.
I've only done half the herbs with brown paper mulch because I still need
to remember to bring duct tape to fix a gaping hole in the soaker hose.
.

I've put cucs all along the fence where once the tomatilloes reigned.
and last but not least ...

the weed pile I'm going to cover with manure ...
No comments:
Post a Comment